5 REASONS WHY CLERGY, YOUTH LEADERS, SUNDAY SCHOOL TEACHERS, FAITH COMMUNITIES NEED QPR — Suicide Awareness Training
Indiana Interchurch Center
1100 W. 42nd St., Indianapolis
- According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, suicide has been the second leading cause of death among teenagers in Indiana since 2009.
- The state also has the highest percentage of young people who say they’ve thought about taking their own life.
- Suicide is the second leading cause of death among Indiana youth ages 15 – 24.
- 19% of Indiana students, the highest in the country, have considered suicide.
- 14% of Indiana high school students have a plan for how they would attempt it.
WE CAN TURN THIS AROUND AND SAVE LIVES.
Mike Dunn, of Families First Indiana, will present QPR- Question, Persuade and Refer – an emergency mental health gatekeeper training intervention that teaches lay and professional gatekeepers to recognize and respond positively to someone exhibiting suicide warning signs.
Please register your attendance and a free lunch. Lunch is available by 11:50.
Find out more about the Interfaith Mental Health Coalition from the attached brochure. Come! join hands with other faith leaders to build a healthier community.